As the U.S. and the world continue to deal with the coronavirus pandemic, many are using video conferencing software to connect with colleagues, clients, family, and friends.
When hosting or attending a virtual meeting or event, whether using Zoom, WebEx, Skype, Microsoft Teams, or other platforms, there are features you can use to help ensure the video call remains secure. Below are five tips for helping to keep your meetings safe from scammers or uninvited guests.
- Require a password on all meetings and only share the login details with those invited.
- Enable the “waiting room” or “lobby” feature so the host may control who enters the meeting.
- Once all attendees have joined, lock the meeting so no one else may enter.
- Control who may present, share a screen, or share files during the meeting.
- Make sure to remove any visible confidential information from your surroundings or screen when filming.
More from Cumberland Trust